I want to return to the family farm but don't know how to start that crucial conversation...
Where should I be investing my money and time as I begin farming?
How can I care for the land and water for the future while still making a living today?
How do I standout to potential landlords and compete in the cash rent market?
If you've been asking yourself these questions, apply today to attend the free, two-day Emerging Farmers Forum on August 1-2, 2018!
The Emerging Farmers Forum is an all expenses paid two-day workshop/cabin stay:
- Tours of Pinhook Farm, owned and operated by innovative + entrepreneurial farmer Seth Watkins
- Networking with fellow Emerging Farmers
- Exchanging ideas for financial planning, marketing, and diversification for the development of a sustainable business plan
- Hands-on activities and thought-provoking discussions on conservation practices
- Tips for facilitating crucial conversations with parents and family members as you transition into the farming operation
Who are emerging farmers?
Emerging farmers include anyone who has recently started farming, would like to farm or would like to have a voice in the management of their family's farm.
All applicants will be notified of their application status by June 1, 2018.
Partners Include: Iowa Learning Farms, Seth Watkins, Nathan Anderson, Iowa Beef Center, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Community and Economic Development, Beginning Farmer Center and Practical Farmers of Iowa.